First Federal Savings Bank was formed in February of 1940 as Lincoln County Building and Loan Association; to serve Lincoln County's mortgage financing and depository needs. In 1947, the association changed its name to First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Lincolnton. The bank moved to its present location of 320 E. Main Street in Lincolnton in November of 1959, which at the time was the most modern and convenient facility in Lincoln County. Due to the bank's fiscally responsible management, it experienced steady growth and was able to withstand the decline of many S & L's in the early to mid 80's as interest rates climbed to historic levels.
The beginning of a new century brought many new and exciting things to the bank. In January of 2000, the bank changed its name again to First Federal Savings Bank; which reflects the full range of services now being provided to its customers. In February, 2002, the bank opened its first branch at 2763 East Hwy 27 in Lincolnton. Another branch was opened on Hwy 16 in Denver, NC in August of 2004 and in December of 2013 the bank's newest branch opened on Hwy 27 in Vale, NC. All of these activities are reflective of the tremendous growth the bank has achieved.
Our Mission Statement:
First Federal Savings Bank of Lincolnton offers friendly, professional service to meet the financial needs of individuals, families, and businesses in the communities we serve. Our commitment to knowing our customers and putting them first has always served as our trademark. Being a local institution encourages us to contribute and volunteer in our communities and help our customers enhance their financial well-being.